T3 Pros: Healthy Summer Hair Tips
Have fun in the sun without damaging your locks. These healthy summer hair tips will teach you how.
- “The sun can really damage your hair color and scalp. I recommend using a UV protectant spray. A good one will have full spectrum UVA and UVB protection! This helps with maintaining your amazing hair color and it also prevents sun damage on your scalp. Just spray over your hair lightly and run the product through your hair with your fingers before going outside.”
- “To remove buildup in the hair, I like to rinse it with a bottle of tonic water. It works amazingly well!”
Enrico Ferrante, Celebrity Stylist
- “To keep hair gorgeous and damage free in the summer, you need to use protection. I recommend using a leave-in conditioner. You can even use your regular conditioner (the thicker the better!) to help style your hair instead of using hairspray, mousse or gel. Those products will actually damage your hair while conditioners preserve and improve hair texture.”
- “People with color-treated hair need to be very careful with swimming pools – nobody wants green hair! Chlorine can also be really harsh on the hair and can cause it to become brittle and break. I recommend rinsing your hair, especially with a T3 Source shower filter, immediately after getting out of the pool to prevent damage or color change.”
- “Summertime can cause dry, brittle hair aka summertime sadness! It’s important to hydrate and nourish your hair to keep it healthy. Use a few pumps of moisture oil, then blow dry your hair with the Featherweight Luxe 2i to lock in moisture and elevate shine. Style with the Twirl 360 to add wondrous waves and curls!”