T3 Pros: humidity-fighting hair tips
Hot, sticky and muggy weather is not always friendly to our locks. T3 Pros share their best humidity-fighting hair tips and tricks.
- “The most important thing to do when combatting humidity is to make sure you get all of the moisture out of your hair. When towel drying, squeeze your hair in a downward motion. This will help to keep the cuticle closed and will prevent frizz. Also, stay away from using gel or aerosol products – these will dry out the hair. Opt for an emollient, lightweight blow dry lotion or cream instead.”
- “Summer humidity can leave your hair limp, lifeless and… FRIZZY!. The secret to battling those summer woes begins with your blowout. Think of the blow dry as the foundation of a house – without building a strong foundation first, everything else will eventually start to collapse. The solution? Say goodbye to summer frizz with the Featherweight LUXE 2i. Its SoftAire technology coupled with the ion generator help seal in moisture, reduce frizz and create an overall shine.”
- “If you have curly hair, I wouldn’t fight it. Stick with your natural curl and let it get big. Prep damp hair with a leave-in conditioner and a curl cream. Then, twist 1-2″ sections of hair and gently dry them using the Featherweight LUXE 2i and SoftTouch 2 diffuser. If you fight your natural curl pattern in humidity, it’s a recipe for disaster!”
- “Humidity is such a fun topic and everyone wants to know how to fight it. People tend to go to their favorite hair products that will give them that natural beach wave in humid weather, such as sea salt and texture sprays. However, those tend to dry out your hair and create even more frizz! Instead, trying layering heavier more moisturizing products into your hair. It will actually give you the same piecey texture you desire on those super humid days.”
- “Start your anti-humidity regimen with a smoothing shampoo and conditioner. This will set the stage for taming and smoothing each strand. Then when styling, opt for a wand over a straightener. I love the Whirl Trio because you can change up the types of waves you create. Wavy hairstyles take the focus away from the humidity because they tend to look a bit more authentic and luscious with a little pouf!”